BREAKING NEWS
latest

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So how did I decide to write CONVERGENCE 2012?

I've been asked this a couple of times and so I figured the blog is a good place to answer it.

September 2009 I went to bed like any other time and had a crazy dream about an elf but not an elf.  The dream basically presented to me the concept of what if mythology was based off of alien encounters?  Then I woke up with a very clear image of Xanari fixed in my mind.

I went about my day and the dream wouldn't let me go.  I kept thinking about Xanari and laughed it away as I continued my daily chores.

The next night I slept again and dreamed of a white liquid which was truly remarkable.  Healing properties and the ability to shift its taste to whatever I wanted.  When I woke from that dream I scratched my chin and said "WTF?" because this dream also plagued me all day long, but it was now mixing with Xanari and no matter what was going on I kept revisiting those pieces.

The odd dreams kept coming and I kept telling my wife about it and I finally decided to start writing.  When I sat down to write the title was instantly in my head CONVERGENCE 2012.  I realized that even in 2009 that calling the book CONVERGENCE 2012 was potentially a very bad idea as typically a book when COMPLETED can takes over a year and a half to get picked up and published.

It didn't phase me and I started writing.  Something amazing happened when I sat down.  I didn't have a timeline, I didn't know where the story was going to go and when I started typing it just happened. Even now when I go back and reread it (I've now read the book 6 times) I'm still mystified.  Why?  because I don't remember writing large chunks of the story.  It was as if the book wrote itself.  (Spooky)...

In any event that is how I decided to write CONVERGENCE 2012...

« PREV

No comments